How to make compliments in Ukrainian easily?
It is always pleasant to receive nice compliments for your appearance, a new perfume, beautiful smile or sense of humour, isn`t it? It lifts our mood and gives confidence. It is important in our everyday life and everyone should learn an art of giving and receiving compliments. By mastering this skill, you will be a good communicator and know how to break the ice with a stranger. Some people are just shy to say something pleasant to an opposite sex or just don`t find appropriate words to do it.
I hope you will agree that women like nice words. That is why, when you want to say something pleasant and show that you care, you start with saying something good about her. But what shall you do if you and your lady speak different languages? How can you tell that she is gorgeous? Of course, if you have a date with a Ukrainian girl from a matchmaking agency, you will be kindly helped by an interpreter, but… also you can a learn some phrases to surprise your woman. So, if you think you can learn a couple of romantic Ukrainian phrases to make a compliment to your Ukrainian date, this article is just for you. You will find a short list of English-Ukrainian phrases of the compliments you can make to a Ukrainian woman.
But before helping you with translating and saying whatever nice you want to say, I would like you to remember that every compliment you make must:
- Be true-to-life and sound genuine. Do not exaggerate things. For example, a girl comes for a date in a casual style just because basically she didn`t have time to prepare because of work. Do not say that her look is the most gorgeous you have ever seen in your life. It might seem very fake and may put her in an awkward situation, because no matter how pleasant it may sound, but it is not really true, as she could put more efforts to look gorgeous if she had enough time. It should come from the bottom of your heart, rather than be a mixture of good words.
- Be simple and beautiful, but not too exquisite or sophisticated because this will alarm your girl and make her treat you with distrust.
- Be respectful and tolerant. Avoid giving racist comments regarding skin color, a place of origin or religion. It is a dangerous ground.
- Be in time. If you want to say how tasty is the dish, which she made, it is appropriate to mention while eating not in a week or later: “that turkey you cooked last week was really great”.
- Avoid giving compliments with double meaning or some unclear implications. For example, you look stunning in this dress if only it was a bit shorter or you look different today, is it a new style? You should be more specific, instead of saying you look different today, you can say: “I like your new hairstyle, it really suits you.” Also if you say black colour suits you, it reveals your character. On one hand, people who wear black are very disciplined and authoritative, but on the other hand it is the way to hide insecurities and be vulnerable. So which one do you have in mind?
- There is always a way to mention something nice about the person, look for things to value.
- Never compare your girlfriend with anyone else, neither in a positive or negative way. Do not say something like: “ You cook much better than my ex. She was terrible at cooking”. By saying that, you remind first about ex and second it doesn’t show your best features of character. Or what is worse: “ Darling, you cook not that good like my mum, but I still love you.” It is definitely a wrong approach.
If you have never complimented a girl before, start practicing to get rid of shyness. Make it a habit, if you work in an office with mixed-sex environment, it is the best way to practice. If you notice that your female colleague is wearing a new dress or has a new hairstyle, do not hesitate to make a nice comment. Do not expect a person to be flattered. Remember, that working environment is supposed to be formal, so it is better to stay away from sexual connotation.
That is what you must keep in mind before saying something to a girl. And now, let me offer you some cute romantic phrases, which can make a Ukrainian girl smile and feel your attitude to her. You will see an English expression and its transcription (the way it is pronounced) in Ukrainian.
Your eyes are making me crazy! – Tvoyi ochi zvodiat mene z rozumu!
Your eyes are a mystery that I want to uncover. – Tvoyi ochi tse zahadka yaku ya hochu vidhadaty.
Beautiful in Ukrainian language – Garna.
How to say you are beautiful in Ukrainian in another way? – Ti taka privablyva.
You are so gentle. – Ty taka nizhna.
You are so passionate. – Ty duzhe prystrasna.
You are so sexy in this dress. – Ty taka sexualna v tsiy sukni. ( it is one of the sexy compliments for girls).
You are so sweet. – Ty taka myla.
You are the most romantic woman I have ever met! – Ty sama romantychna zhinka yaku ya zustrichav.
You are the most perfect woman in the world. – Ty nayidealnisha zhinka v sviti.
You are easy to talk to. – Z toboyu legko rozmovliaty.
You have great hair. – V tebe garne volossia.
You are very talented. – Ty duzhe talanovyta.
I like your creativity. – Meni podobaietsia shcho ty tvorcha osobystist.
You are cool. – Ty klasna.
You look stunning today. – Ty vygliadayesh prechudovo siogodni.
I love your smile. It has brightened my day. – Meni podobaietsia tvoya posmishka. Vona zrobyla miy den yaskravym.
I think you’re the best version of yourself you could be. – Meni zdaietsia ty idealna i tobi ne treba nichogo zminyuvatu v sobi.
I love talking with you. – Meni podobaietsia z toboyu hovoryty.
There is something about you. – V tobi shchos ye.
You are so feminine. – Ty taka zhinochna.
Here are some examples of terms of endearment in Ukrainian:
My loved one – moya kohana
My baby- kryhitka moya
My heart – moe serze
These are top 20 simple phrases in Ukrainian I would be happy to hear from a man. Of course, you must not think that you have to learn them all and use every minute. I assure you that it will be fantastic if you say from two to five love phrases in Ukrainian during your date at the right time, your woman will definitely be stunned and her heart will melt. Do not be afraid to sound strange, with an accent or say the word a bit incorrectly. Such things please us, women and make us think that “this guy is really sweet”.