Nowadays speed dating is becoming more and more popular because of the fast pace of life and the lack of time to spend on looking for our better half. Let us have a look at this new form of establishing relationship between a man and a woman.
Fact #1. Who needs it? The aims of people who visit speed dating sessions are versatile. Some need communication, some want to have a good time, some people go there to rise their self-esteem, someone flirts and just enjoys the process, some people want to find a sexual partner, and, of course, there are people, who want to find their future husband or wife to create a family.
Fact #2. Where does it take place? The usual place for a speed dating session is a café or a restaurant. If several couples appear after the first session, the company can organize a picnic for them later.
Fact #3. How does a speed dating session go? Usually it is a well-organized event, which has several stages:
- You sign in to the session or buy a ticket from a company organizing this event.
- When you come to the place of the event, you get a badge with your number, which makes the process of speed dating easier. Make sure you come in time not to make everyone wait for you.
- In the place of the event you will find several tables. There will be 2 or 4 people at each of them, meaning that you will communicate 1х1 or 2х2. You will also find cards with different questions, which you can fill in after communicating with a girl and write down your impressions.
- One mini-date will last for about 5-7 minutes. Then you will hear a signal and move to the next table. Usually men move while women stay at the same table.
- When the event finishes, the organizers gather the filled cards and check the results. If they find the matches, i.e. mutual likes, they tell the participants about that and offer to exchange contact information with the interlocutor they liked. The results are usually announced on the following day after the speed dating session.
Fact #4. What to wear? If the organizers set no special dress code, it is better to choose smart and comfortable clothes. You must feel free; your clothes must not distract you from the conversation bringing you discomfort.
Of course, speed dating has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let us have a look at the pros of it:
- You will not spend much time for search.
- You will meet more than one woman at a time and have a chance to get to know her.
- You will see exactly the person you are communicating with, unlike communicating via internet.
- The organizers usually divide people into age groups, so you will not have to communicate someone much older or younger than you are.
- You will not have to spend a long time on preparation. Communication here is lively and tripping.
- You will not have to count hours till the end of the date if you do not like the interlocutor. In 5 minutes, you will change the table and start a new conversation.
- It is a good way to spend an evening for a lonely person. Even if you do not find the ONE, you will have a good time and learn a lot of interesting things.
What are the disadvantages of speed dating?
- It seems you are a part of a big conveyor, since each mini date takes 5-7 minutes. Which is not very romantic, is it?
- Making acquaintances in such a way does not guarantee that you will find a person you will like to continue your communication with afterwards, let alone finding your better half there.
- Speed dating is an event visited by different people, some of whom can be inadequate. So, be prepared to strange and indecent offers.
- You can get very tired, as you will have to talk to more than 10 people during one evening.
- Sometimes it can be very difficult to switch to communication with another person.
- Not everyone can make an impression of a person and tell about himself in 7 minutes.
- Being in a hurry, you can forget to ask about something really important for you.
- Even if you have managed to find the right person, who likes you too, you will have to get her interested in your future communication.
Drawing a conclusion from the facts that you have learnt about speed dating, you must understand that it is a good way to find new acquaintances, enjoy a good or not so good company and, if you are lucky, you can surely find your true love. However, if you are interested in serious relationship and are looking for a woman, who wants to create a family you should not hurry.