Have you argued with your woman again? You do not know how to survive the argument? Think that love has gone? Do not get depressed, it is not over yet.
Arguments show that you care about each other and help to see that there is some problem between you two. It makes you both to look for the solution and develop your relationship by doing so. Still, arguments are useful only when the couple want to stay together.
Therefore, if you intend to keep your relationship, follow our advice on how to survive the argument.
- Learn to listen. This skill is very useful while arguing. Listen to your woman to understand her point of view and be able to find the way out together.
- Choose a convenient place and time for the argument. Yes. It is very important. If you do want to survive the argument, never quarrel in public or in the morning when your lady is getting ready to go to work. Especially it is undesirable to quarrel while doing some pleasant activity together (having a romantic dinner, making love, etc.)
- Do not lose control: be able to stop in time. When you feel that the situation is getting out of control, you are too angry to listen to each other, or crossing the limits, just stop, no matter how difficult it is. Then your woman will have to stop too. Try to postpone the argument… it will be easier to solve the problem when you both get cool.
- Speak up. If there is something that you do not like, tell your woman about it. Keeping dissatisfaction with something inside will sooner or later burst out of you. But, if you discuss what is teasing you with your beloved using tender supporting words, she will definitely try to change the situation for the better.
- Ask if there is something you do not understand. You cannot read your girl’s mind, even if you think you can do it. So if you do not ask her about something that you do not understand, you are likely to bring misunderstanding to your relationship. You see that SHE is sad about something? Ask her what has happened, let her tell you about it and try to listen to her and understand, no matter how difficult it can be.
- Try to look at the problem from your woman’s point of view. You will surely find the reason why she can be angry with you…
- Do not insult each other. No matter how intense your argument is, do not insult each other. Words can hurt more than actions. Respect and appreciate each other.
If you follow these rules, you will have all the chances to survive the argument with your girl. However, in spite of me saying that an argument can strengthen your relationship, I am not a fan of quarrels. If their number is growing, I start worrying about my future with my better half.
It is absolutely true that with every argument we get to know each other deeper and develop ourselves for each other, but… as they say “The bigger an iceberg, the stronger the ship has to be”. You can sail past these “icebergs” or try to hit them and check the strength of your relationship. However, after every collision like this you will have to repair your “ship”, remove tender spots and be ready for the next trials. While being unaware of the dangers that are waiting can do you harm in the future. So, maybe, a little argument now and then can be quite useful.
Finally, if you have found your ONE and you are truly in love with each other, you are absolutely welcome to argue, as long as you make it up and love each other even more.