Have you decided to offer your Ukrainian girlfriend a trip together?
Then, a couple of general facts about how Ukrainians travel may be of help to you.
- The first thing that you must understand is that the approach Ukrainian people have to traveling differs in budget and destinations, that is why be ready that your Ukrainian girlfriend will offer you something you did not expect to hear.
- Ukrainians travel about 1-2 times per year. That is when they have their yearly holiday, which they can divide into two parts to travel twice.
- The length of the travel is usually about 8 days. It is enough to have rest and come back to work.
- A lot of people travel alone. However, your Ukrainian girlfriend will surely be happy if you accompany her.
- Ukrainian people make more holiday trips than business trips.
- About 40 % of Ukrainian travelers buy package tours, while about 60 % prefer to plan the trip themselves or pay for a booked holiday in part. So, do not be surprised if your Ukrainian girlfriend offers you to spend some time planning your trip, instead of addressing a professional travel agent directly.
- The most popular tourist destinations among Ukrainians are Turkey, Egypt, Poland, Hungary, Germany, France, Italy, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and your Ukrainian girlfriend will definitely want to visit one of these places first. Still, she is absolutely open to any travel experiments.
- Just like many Ukrainians, your Ukrainian girlfriend will probably want to travel cost-effectively. It is estimated that Ukrainian travelers spend about 1000$ per trip, not more. So, you will not need to spend much money, which is a big bonus.
- It is common for Ukrainians to plan the trip with the help of the Internet, however, only a half of the travelers buy tours online.
- As for the method of payment during the trips, Ukrainians are used to paying in cash. Only a small percentage of Ukrainian travelers use ATM machines abroad. What is more, we, Ukrainians, prefer to exchange money here, in Ukraine.
The next thing you should know is where your Ukrainian girlfriend
can travel with or without a visa
Ukrainian passport holders can travel freely to 128 countries around the world. However, only 93 of them can welcome Ukrainians without a visa, only with a usual foreign passport or a biometric one.
Primarily, these are the 26 countries of the EU (apart from Great Britain and Ireland), and 4 more countries, which are also included in the Schengen area – Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Sweden. To visit them, Ukrainians need a biometric foreign passport only.
14 more countries , among which there is Albania and Vatican are also ready to let Ukrainians in without a visa.
A lot of countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Oceania are open for Ukrainians and do not demand a visa either.
There is a number of countries, to visit which Ukrainians need only their Ukrainian passports, for example Russia and Belarus; or only ID-cards, for example, Turkey or Georgia.
At the same time, 34 countries from the list of “visa-free” destinations for Ukrainians demand that they get a visa on arrival. They include most Asian countries like Thailand, Nepal, Sri Lanka and the Maldives; African countries, including Egypt; some countries of Oceania and the Middle East, like Iran, Jordan and Lebanon.
The most “problematic” countries to visit for your Ukrainian girlfriend will be the UK and the USA. That is because of the process of getting a visa. However, if you ask for professional assistance you are likely to succeed.
Finally, no matter which country you will choose to visit together with your Ukrainian girlfriend, you should discuss it with your matchmaker as they will tell you about all the details you need to know before organizing your trip. Good luck.