Ukrainian love phrases and romantic words
No matter what nationality your girlfriend is, she really needs to hear some romantic and nice expressions from you. Of course, the language of affection is the same everywhere, but what do you think your girlfriend will do, if she hears you saying some sweet Ukrainian love phrases? She can definitely be impressed. So, if you want to surprise your better half, our article is just for you.
The first question any man around the world, who likes a woman, asks himself is how to choose these romantic phrases to call their better half. Still the main thing is not what you may say, but how. When you are saying affection phrases in Ukrainian, as well as any other ones, smile and be sincere. Phony words might make your woman think that you are pretending to like her. Do not be shy if you are a bit nervous, as this is the main proof of your honesty. Do not hurry to say every expression that comes to your mind or you might be misunderstood.
To tell you the truth, endearment words in Ukrainian do not differ so much from the ones in other languages, but if you say them with warmth and attention, you will surely be appreciated. Wish the lady good night or say a tender “good morning”, ask about health, say a compliment, recite a poem and she could melt and be inspired by the end of the day. In response to your good treatment, your woman undoubtedly reciprocates your attention.
However, not to get into trouble, you must remember the following before saying something “cute” to your girlfriend:
- Do not compare your lady with anyone else, or you can expect a raw.
- Do not use petty names, which include qualities that your woman dislikes about herself like “my chubby cheeks”, “my plumpy pie” or “my clumsy hands”, etc.
- Do not emphasize some drawbacks of the woman’s appearance. I believe calling your lady “My giraffe” or “my elephant” would not make her smile.
- Do not flatter! Making something up can only offend the girl, as she can think you are joking at her.
- Be imaginative. Has your woman heard compliments about her fantastic legs hundreds of times? Then be the first one to appreciate her tender hands or wonderful eyes.
- Finally, do not keep on talking about the lady’s looks. Say something about her soul. Appreciate the wit, the ability to be a good interlocutor, praise for support and understanding, show interest in her skills and career.
Now that you know what not to say, let us talk about what to say to your dear.
When you are in a company of people, there is nothing better than calling your partner by the name without any nicknames. However, when there is nobody else beside you, think of nice petty names to call each other. Here is a list of romantic Ukrainian phrases and cute nicknames, which you can use to call your girlfriend:
- Moia kokhana – my love. Probably the most popular phrase around the world.
- Koshenia, kotyk – kitty. These Ukrainian terms of endearment sound tender and playful.
- Sonechko – sun. This is a very warm and sweet term to call your beloved.
- Malia – baby.
- Zaychyk, zayunia, zayushka (some of Ukrainian words of endearment) – rabbit.
- Lapochka, lapulia, lapusik – lassie.
- Mylashka, myla – cutie.
- Zaichyk, zayushka, zaichenia – hare.
- Pryntsesa, koroleva, korolevyshna, tsarytsia – princess, queen.
- Tygrenia, tygriulia – tiger.
- Krasunia – beauty.
- Ridna, ridnenka – my dear.
- Lialechka – my doll.
- Yangoliatko – angel.
- Pupsyk – kewpie doll.
- Rybka – fish.
- Bdzhilka – bee.
- Lastivka – swallow.
- Kusiuchka – biting girl.
- Zolotko – gold.
- Tsukerka – candy.
- Chortenia – little imp.
- Myshka – mouse.
- Iryska – toffee.
- Kulbaba – dandelion.
- Ty naikrashcha v sviti – you are the best in the world.
- Ty v mene yedyna. – You are the only one for me.
- Ty dlia mene naikrashcha – You are my number one.
- Ya zavzhdy budu poruch. – I will always be there for you.
- Ya tebe kokhayu. – I love you in Ukrainian.
Finally, no matter which of these Ukrainian expressions and cute nicknames you use, remember to be sincere and even if you pronounce something wrong, your date would never judge you and you will never ask our interpreter a question “How do you say goodbye in Ukrainian?”. On the contrary, she will be thankful you have made an attempt. Good luck!
Valeria Matskevich With love